You Are Reading

TBM PORTFOLIO SURGERY




I had a portfolio surgery with The Beautiful Meme and Ben told me that my work was very promising. He likened one of the briefs to their own English National Ballet project. This was one of my own favourite briefs and I am glad that it got some recognition. Ben said that my work was strong but needed a couple of tweaks in order to make better. Ben identified that one of my strengths was in my copy writing and that I would fit in will due to my ability to be responsive to both. Another thing that was mentioned was my attraction to fun and wit. Ben said that I should look into writing screenplays if I hadn't done so already. I think this is a particularly interesting thing to tell a graphic designer, and I am very interested in how that could impact my future career. While I have no interest in becoming a screenwriter right now I think that if I nurture this skill in my own time and capitalise on it, then I could potentially open a wider variety of doors for myself later on. 

I would be very honoured to work with the Beautiful Meme and I think that I have a synergy with their practice. They work for the culture sector and I know them for conceptually driven work with a vibrant and engaging visuals. 

I was surprisingly relaxed talking to Ben and I think this came across well. I would like to try and maintain this temperament when engaging with professionals as I think it will help me and the professional part feel at ease with an interview or crit situation.

I will take the feedback that Ben has identified and act on it accordingly. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.