You Are Reading

SUILVEN_DEVELOPMENT


































How did I develop the brief?

I developed the brief from initial sketches. It was very important to do a range of possibilities for each letter. As with designing a typeface it was very important to keep developing the forms of the individual letters so that the letters worked together in a typographic harmony. After I did this, I started develop a scheme for the band, interms of how the visuals would look over a range of different design deliverables. I thought about the way the band would distribute their music and promote themselves.


What problems did I have?

I did not have any particular problems with the brief. The research and direction of the brief effectively informed the design direction. I developed the brief very quickly and developed a typographic scheme that involved the header and body copy. I did not particularly have any problems however there are some things that I would like to develop much further.


Was it successful?

The brief was successful for the band as they were happy with what I had done. It was not successful for me as I am capable to do more. I would have liked more time to create the full alphabet and this is definitely something that I will be looking to do. This means that the display could be used for album headers and more. I have liked to incorporate more photography, however I had put a deadline on the brief, which did not account for the organisation and art direction of photography.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.