You Are Reading

BLADE_PRESENTATION&EVALUATION




This brief has been very satisfying to see through to completion. This is the first brief of the yar that I feel very confident about. The brief has allowed me to understand and apply my interest in copy writing to create a stronger brand and identity scheme.

I have worked very efficiently on the brief and I have felt that I could take the brief even further if I manage to secure it as a live brief after college. I would like to improve it in a couple of ways, that have been out of my power to complete on my own. I would like to collaborate with a photographer to get some promotional photography for the brand deliverables so that I do not fall into the trap of duo-toning everything. On reflection this looks rather amateur, however my own photographs would have definitely looked worse.

I enjoyed working to an agenda and solving the problem of the brief through a range of different creative processes, from creating a more modern and adaptive brand identity, to creating bold and high impact calls to action. The fact that the barbers is in direct competition with others in the area pushed me toward a more tenacious response, which I have felt is a real turning point for me. Having this type of confidence in louder design is something that I would like to follow on with post university. I have a tendency to let my design fade into the background and become uninspiring through a fear to commit. Having a more audacious approach and the confidence to be bold and loud is definitely something I have taken from this brief.

I personally quite liked the context of the brief and although I am not particularly into packaging, I respect that a brand must work across these deliverables in some circumstances. While I do not think I will be making a habit of designing for barbers, I like that, in some ways, the brief had elements of fashion, and could potentially invite a more cultural context.

In order to extend the brief I would like the brand to be applied to a more 3D context, in terms of the shop interior. This is something that I think may play more of a role in my practice post university and will be something that I will look into. It is either my obsessive personality or my overall outlook on design that would want to carry the brand identity through to this context also.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.