You Are Reading

COINS_PRESENTATION&EVALUATION



 There is not particularly too much to evaluate about this brief. The brief took 2 days to complete. I have a lot of silly ideas that I can execute as a graphic response, and I think this could be added to the list. What sets this apart from the other ideas I have had, is that this idea has been executed.

Being influenced by Daniel Eatock, I took the role of producing a piece of design as an art object. While I am glad I executed the idea, I think I need to be careful having ideas like this. They have very questionable value to my practice. I do not particularly want to make my living exhibiting prints, or making pretentious statements like this one and they have little value to people other than myself. I have a tendency to critique and I love the world of satire, I feel that this particular brief reflects that, but has also allowed me to realise that there is a time and a place for it. I’m unsure that I will be conducting many briefs like this in future, as I am beginning to find that there needs to be a more useful context for my work.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.