You Are Reading

ELMWOOD_RESEARCH




What did I do?

The research for this brief has been very poor. The brief has had to be quite a fast turn around due to the other things that we have had going on. Unfortunately the research I did for this brief was quite superficial, and did not particularly help too much with the actual design part. I am pretty disappointed in how this part of the brief has turned out. I think the issue was that the problem was not thought through before doing research. I got caught in the trap of doign research before I fully acknowledge the problem, and this led to a poor and misinformed research methodology (if you can even call it that). 


What could I have done?

I should have definitely asked myself some questions about who would be using the brand, especially as the brand would be built from scratch. I think that I should have identified myself with the customer more thoroughly and asked myself these questions in order to improve the research. I could have visited a dog kennel and looked into whether the branding plays any part in the customer experience, and I should have interviewed people who use dog kennels. 

These are all things that I would have done if I had more perspective, time, and a budget for this research. 


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.