You Are Reading

LCM_RESEARCH




What did I do?

The primary research I did for this brief included meetings with the marketing department at Leeds College of music, and a look into their usual print ephemera. In addition to this I looked at how music is represented in a graphic format in order to understand how the atmospheres created by sound can be put down on the printed page. I looked into other commissioned works by Leeds College of Music, and took an in depth look at the the Steinway company and the anatomy of a piano.


Why did I do it?

I thought it was fundamentally important to hold meetings with the marketing department, and keep in regular contact via email. I did this as a form of research in order to understand what was needed from me, and how I should approach the brief. I looked into other music posters, that had an appropriate high end feel, in order to understand how a problem like this is tackled. I looked at the previous submissions to gain insight about what was expected, and how to surpass it in order to answer the brief well, and above expectation.


What more could I have done?

I think that the research I did for this brief could have been improved by experiencing the some more events that were in this style. As it stood I only attended one event, and I did not really get a feel for the music straight away due to the fact it was a new environment and I did not feel comfortable.

I feel like I did sufficient research in a primary and secondary variations, and I did what was within my power. I would have loved to have visited Steinway, in order to get some more direct input.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.