You Are Reading

SHED_DEVELOPMENT



How did I develop the brief?

I developed the brief by initally doing various layouts on paper. After realising I would be taking the direction of a tool wall, I started finding inspiration and direction for my type decisions. I decided to create each letter independently. This was a lot harder than I had thought as It took patience to create letters that had some relevence to one another without looking entirely the same. Joel created illustrations that he layed out against my type and I finally inserted the last bits of type in a uniform typeface that I thought looked quite lo-fi, but legible.


What problems did I have?


Due to the brief having quite a small turn around time, the allowance for problems was quite minimal. Luckily the majority of the brief went swimmingly. A couple of difficulties were had making stock choices, however we resulted this by having a ‘f**k it’ attitude, which became a defining point of the over visual. We chose a variety of stocks that had a synergic relationship with one another. Having a free and open mind to the different stocks only added to the mashup that defined the event itself.


Was it successful?


The students we created the poster for were very happy, and their tutor expressed his thanks and appraisal.

Due to the quick turnaround of the brief and the quality of the outcome it is quite difficult to say it was unsuccessful. Even if the visual is not particularly refined, it is a success to say that it was enjoyable to produce, and a pleasure to work on at the very least.

I think that a healthy graphic design practice certainly needs these quick, but worthwhile briefs, that have a refreshingly blasé workflow.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.