You Are Reading

FAYEARBOOK_RESEARCH

















What did I do?

For the research in this brief, I conducted mostly primary research. I visited a range of art galleries in order to immerse myself within the arts sector. I looked at a range of publications in the galleries. Other than this, I worked very closely with the Fine Art committee in order to understand what they wanted, and look at some of the work that was going into the book. Looking at past yearbooks was also a vital part of research in order to analyse them and see what is successful and unsuccessful.


Why did I do it?

I did mainly primary research, as this was one of the most professional briefs I had done today. I wanted to conduct my research in a considered and thorough fashion. I held regular meetings with the committee in order to make sure the design and concept was on the right lines. Visiting existing galleries, especially the Hepworth, allowed me to open my mind and understand the context of my design, and what the conventions of the sector are.


What more could I have done?

I did a lot of research for this brief. In honesty I think this is probably one of the most successful briefs (in terms of research) that I conducted. I conducted the research in a succint and process led way. First understanding the problem, finding what I could out about the context, and then proceeding to develop a concept from discussions with the committee. I then proceeded to carry out visual research that would inform my design direction. I would have liked to explore more visual options, but at the time I explored a very direct visual approach.


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.