You Are Reading

CRIT4

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?????

That was the theme of todays crit. We presented our work an then we had to discuss why we were doing each brief. This really made some people think, and it had me thinking about my practice and the context of each brief that I do. This made me feel that some of my briefs have been wasted, and that I need to take action to cancel some of them.

As a designer, one of the most important things is to remain true to the context of your work, whether this be in the subject matter, the sector, or medium in which you work. Having this crit has enabled me to not only reflect on what I have done, but actively think about each thing that I am going to do. When I take a brief on I need to ask myself if the context and the content is right for me.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.