You Are Reading

DRIP_RESEARCH/CONTEXT



What did I do?

I tried to implement a range of research methods into this brief. I found it difficult in second year to research akin to how we had learnt to in the first year. I want to place a greater focus on research in my third year briefs so I tried to cover a lot of ground with this first brief. 

I started to do some gathering of sources for typographic style and design direction. I did this to see how typography had been applied and how it had been constructed. I evaluated their similarities and differences and how this affected the overall impression of the film. 

I looked further into children’s handwriting, as this would be a theme that would run throughout the design process. I looked into how children construct their letterforms, and I was able to locate some primary research from a young boy similar to the age of the boy in the film. 


What could I have done to push it further?

To push the research further, I could have got a greater number of samples from a variety of different children to compare them. I could have perhaps volunteered as a social worker for the day at a institution for neglected children, or I could have acquired handwriting samples from children in underprivileged areas. While these would have gained some interesting pieces of primary research, there are some boundaries with these things, that would have perhaps been a little too far for the the extent of this brief. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.