You Are Reading

CRIT1



In the crit today we presented our work to the group and described the brief that we were doing. This was the first crit so there was not too much structure to the feedback given for each person. 

I presented my progression with the ‘DRIP’ brief, which included, a description of the brief, some stills of the film, some influences and design direction slides and some of the design that had developed over the last couple of weeks. 

The feedback was generally good, and it seemed that there was not much to say about the brief that I had done, other than I was on the right lines. 


How can I get better feedback? 

In the next crit I hope to ask some questions that will encourage some more informative feedback. I think the problem with what I had shown today was that it was too polished. In future I feel I should go in with design sheets and rougher sketches, in order to for the designs to invite more feedback. Perhaps if something looks too finished, the crit group feel too harsh to actually crit the work. While I think we should be beyond that now, I think it is easier and more accessible to crit design that is in development as it invites feedback and ways it can be improved and developed. 

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.