You Are Reading

COINS_PROJECT












What did I do?

This brief was another one of those vanity briefs, where I had an idea and had to implement it for my own satisfaction. Having had a Daniel Eatock moment, I decided to think about everything laterally for a couple of weeks solidly. While nothing I thought about was particular of much use, it was a really good exercise to make me feel more creative, even if it was only for a short while. I think that thinking like this can be really useful if implements into normal briefs. When I was thinking of the form they would take I picture Hirst’s Spot Paintings.


Why did I do it?

I did this brief as I felt that I need to get things out of my system. Eatock clearly has a reason for collecting his musings and his continue search for whatever it is he is searching for. I personally sometimes have to get things down, and I feel it is important to do so.

I also think it is important to realise when to implement ideas. I think that ideas for the self can lead to interesting places, especially if they solve a design problem, in which case they become something more than a personal project for the self. Unfortunately this solves nothing.


Was it successful?

I am not particular sure I can gauge whether or not it was successful. In reflection the brief is a bit silly. It’s pretention is slightly too much for a print festival and needs to be in a art gallery somewhere, where people can read into far more than I did.

I think in future, I will note down all my ideas, and act on them when I feel they can be of use, or can help others. Ideas I have for apps, websites, or business are far more beneficial to invest my time in over my tendency to think of silly parodies and satire.



























Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.